Thursday 15 August 2013

Rebooting

Yes!  I've just come back from a 2 week holiday, and I'm fresh and ready to get back to polishing book 3.  It was a great break, and I'd like to say hello to everyone I met who was interested in hearing about Presenting. 

One of the nice things about my holiday was that, instead of writing, I actually had a chance to break in my new Kindle Fire, and I did some reading.  The two books I read were The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau (fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent will like this one), and Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (great writing, and a kick-ass lead character).  I really enjoyed both.  


As usual, being away from my normal routine got my creative juices flowing.  There were so many sights that gave me inspiration for new stories.  Ghah!  If only I could write a bunch of books at the same time!  But since there's only one of me, and since Kaylee's story is far from over, the new inspirations have stayed as scribbles on napkins and on the back of any piece of paper I could find (note to self - next time bring a notebook).  It's alright.  They'll keep.  

 

One of the other things I got a chance to do is go to a wax museum.  I've never been before because I always thought those places were kind of creepy, but this one was for movie characters, and it was actually alot of fun.  Who doesn't get a kick out of seeing characters who's stories they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment